Special Post: Los Campesinos' Heat Rash Zine

My favorite band, Los Campesinos, an indie 8 piece, that I once heard described as "agnsty-twee-scuzz-indie-spazz-pop". Which describes them perfectly. They produce some of the happiest, danciest jingles and are perfect for (attempting) to dance to.
Well they have, all on their own, using only their own contacts and creative writing, art, modeling and photography skills, created a zine called Heat Rash. It features poetry, art, tattoos, tips, recipes, favorite lyrics, new lyrics, explanation of songs from previous albums, articles, sheet music, and a really beautiful comic (done by Robert Campesinos who also provided the amazingly beautiful cover) all by members of the band. I really want to show off more than the cover but everything is so exclusive that I don't want to just throw it out on the internet for everyone. This is just for the fans!


It is released quarterly and each issue is themed, this one is about Romance. It isn't available through normal means though. You have to subscribe for a year on THEIR WEBSITE HERE. Check out all of the bands albums and if you like it I strongly advise you sign up for this. £25 for a year. Each Quarterly installment comes with a 7" that has exclusive songs only available to subscribers! Also with digital downloads of the music too.


Also included are discounts off every other item including gig tickets in the online shop and a chance to get your hands on the new album before it's official release later in the year.

The whole package is really well designed and comes with everything you can imagine from a bunch of young creatives. I've had my hands on my copy for a week or so now and I've been meaning to plug it on my blog for some time. I heartily recommend this product!
Special Post: Los Campesinos' Heat Rash Zine Special Post: Los Campesinos' Heat Rash Zine Reviewed by Matt on 06:05:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.