March Awards

Okay so now I'm keeping up with things, all be it a little behind, but I am managing my time better and I think I could do this blog long term. Some of my choices might seem a little odd but I'm trying not to pick the same book for the same categories each month, and also not for multiple awards. So although I'd like to give every award to Jimmy Olsen, despite it being the last book I read this month, I did in fact make notes all month long as to which categories stuff would be good in. So now we know, and knowing is half the battle.
So in celebration of all things March and Comics, lets get this pope on the wheels!

Character of the month: Rocket Raccoon in the Annihilators back up story! He looks better than ever and the strange direction at the start of the story is so mental it just works.

Team of the month: Secret Six as they are finally addressing the Get out of hell free card story from the start of the run. As well as being a really fun read thats as bonkers as ever.

Cover of the month: Okay this'll be a little controversial but Batman Beyond for the same reason as last months cover of the month. The colour green and the half tone dots!


Story of the month: The Green Lantern War as it is such a better thing then I was imagining. I've read a lot of X-men crossovers that just don't blend well between titles but this does so and has such a faster tempo and it's just left me wanting more. Spoilt for choice this year with big summer events!

Art of the month: Detective Comics such a massive change at first to the Jock issues that came before it but now I'm sure I like them more.

Surprise of the month: Blue Beetle died but then he didn't. Thank God. Don't worry, I still love you Justice League: Generation Lost.

Single issue of the month: It has to be Jimmy Olsen. Seriously just go buy it. Everything is so great about this book. They should stick a copy next to the bible in every hotel room drawer.


Best over all book of the month: iZombie as it has to be the most consistently good read out of my regular comics. Gutted that my favorite artist is having an issue off the title next week but super excited as it's indie creator and Love and Rockets' artist Hernandez doing the fill in issue!

Crap of the month: Heroes for Hire. How did this go from one of the best starts of recent new comics to one of the crappiest rags ever. Well the art for one. I could have done better, left handed.

Random award of the month... Best bowling moves of the month: Li'l Depressed Boy #2! This adorable little indie print knows exactly where it's nerd credentials lie.

Well that's it for another month! I've already bought this weeks books and there's some amazing things already as the big events start as well as some right stinkers too. So stay tuned for those reviews!
March Awards March Awards Reviewed by Matt on 08:39:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.