Detective Comics #874

Ah so that's what happened to it! When DC cut all of its back up stories, the Atom and Jimmy Olsen stories were advertised as getting finished in giant sized specials later in the year, whereas the Jim Gordon detective comics back up just vanished. But here it is. now taking of Detective comics.
First thing first, I aren't a big Batman fan, I just figured I would give the relaunched Batman inc. stuff a chance, but I never realised Jim Gordon had a son. It always confused me that Barbara Gordon never featured in the Dark Knight Nolan films instead of that young boy. Figured that would have been a more believable comic feature to take to the big screen.
Anyway on with the issue, again I am loving the art! What's with me this week? Not seen art I haven't loved yet. Oh and I am presuming James, Jim's son is a murderer and thats why no one wants to see him. So it's always best to open with a joke about killing someone when you finally get some face time with your dad!



It turns out he's been on the road to recovery and has being labeled a psychopath and has really useful medication. It seems to be working.
Second half of this book is a Batman story. Dick still full of the hallucinogenic drug has teamed up with Red Robin to chase down some gang trading endangered species. They put it down to being someone new and not a returning gang or criminal. Does that rule out James Gordon?
I kind of feel odd to say that I relate to James.. but getting your own back on bullies feels gooood.
Detective Comics #874 Detective Comics #874 Reviewed by Matt on 05:13:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.