February Awards

Okay a month has passed since I started the reviews, so to celebrate I will have a little awards giving post. To celebrate the best of the best in this months comics.

Character of the month: Damian Wayne in Batman and Robin #20 mostly for the Mr. Potato head comment.


Team of the month: The Thunderbolts in Thunderbolts #153 as this team just keeps getting better each issue.

Cover of the month: Morning Glories #7 because, well, it made me feel warm and fuzzy. I love the colour and the halftone dots. I do not envy whoever had to colour those pom poms.


Story of the month: Heroes for Hire #3 The crimes this make shift team keep solving are really clever. Kudos to the writing team, proving themselves on a none space story for once! Also the Misty Knight story looks to be a great reveal when we find out Puppet master's big plan.

Art of the month: Mike Allred on iZombie #10 I'll get that out of the way and try not to pick my favorite artist again in future months. Just know that I love the retro ink look.

Surprise of the month: Would have to be the cliff hanger to The Flash #9 as it actually got me excited for Flashpoint.

Best single issue: The Amazing Spider-man #655 Great art and an unmissable story. Channeling the Kirby look. Dan Slott really is doing this book so many favours with the Big Time stuff.

Best over all title: Justice League: Generation Lost. It is so much better than it's sister title Brightest Day, and hopefully we'll get to see new Wonder Woman break Max's neck again. Seen as he already repeated history by killing Blue Beetle.

Crap of the month: Brightest Day #20. Just Aquaman. That is reason enough!

This months random award is... Spoiled Brat of the month: And goes to Chemical Kid in Adventure comics #20.

Here's to me keeping this up for another month. Someone beat me up if I don't, please?
February Awards February Awards Reviewed by Matt on 04:41:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.