Uncanny X-Force #5

I am glad that this started with random X-men backstory stuff. Fantomex is talking to the other weapon, Ultimaton, about "The World" where he was created. Time travels differently there, he grew to adulthood in a month, since they last visited a million years have passed in there. A million years of evolution. I loved this place when it first featured, I think it was in Grant Morrison's run. Just the idea that Weapon Plus made every character from Captain America, Wolverine, Deadpool and every government super soldier in between. All that and the world is in a tiny ball that Fantomex can fit in his pocket.
Deadpool acts really out of character. Getting all pissy that they killed the apocalypse kid, and then storming off.
More Fantomex, blasts from the past, when he's visiting his blind "mother" and they get attacked by Deathlok looking versions of the Avengers, that have come to get the world from him.

You can really tell he was a Grant Morrison creation!

His "mother" pays the ultimate price. Fantomex survives only to bump into deathlok. I'll admit as soon as I herd this was a Deathlok story I just wanted to gouge my eyes out. However I picked it up anyway and my God it was much better than I though. This is a nice turn around from the slightly dull Apocalypse start. I am glad the killed that child and I am so glad we get the old Fantomex stuff back even if we see the end of most of it this issue. I am genuinely looking forward to the next now.
Also that orange on blue logo looks mint.
Uncanny X-Force #5 Uncanny X-Force #5 Reviewed by Matt on 07:37:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.