Thuderbolts #153

I have been reading Thunderbolts since Norman Osborne too them over, I picked it up at first as I was following then new Eric O'Grady, Antman from book to book. Glad I stayed around after. This book just keeps getting better. I really love the changing cast and having Luke Cage in charge as well as Man-thing as transport.
I totally love this cover, I just get so sexually excited by halftone patterns.. and dinosaurs.
The start of this issue hints that Gunna, the girl raised by trolls and rescued on this new teams first mission could be the next member. Of course last issue we were left with Hyperion trying to kill the rest of his team and escape on his first mission out. I thought, well hoped there was more behind it then that because that seemed like a far too simple story. Also last issue when assigning tasks Luke Cage didn't think Ghost would be any good in this mission and just told him to sit it out, this time he ends up saving the day. Firstly by giving Moonstone and Songbird mouth to mouth resuscitation. Which was disgustingly brilliant.



Then he stops Hyperion using the nanites zapper thing all Thunderbolts are fitted with. Then he realises the giant sea creatures have barnacle like nanites of their own. So he makes Songbird sing at the right frequency to scare them away. I do love Ghost. Oh and next months tale looks like it's going to be a Man-thing centric one. Huzzah!
Thuderbolts #153 Thuderbolts #153 Reviewed by Matt on 07:10:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.