S.H.I.E.L.D. #6

This is the single weirdest yet series Marvel book I've read. Imhotep, Leonardo DaVinci, Galileo, Isaac Newton, Michelangelo, Nikola Tesla, Howard Stark and Nathaniel Richards all live on either immortal, time travelling, in hiding in an underground city below Rome, or trying to discover the mysteries of the universe. There is a tonne of hidden history like the Brood invading in ancient Egypt, and Galactus visiting pre-Fantastic Four. Shield is a society that looks after an actual shield in the immortal city. There is a war going on between Newton and DaVinci over two different philosophies.

Historically accurate!

We are following a young kid named Leonid as he is introduced to this bonkers world that I just cant get enough of. I really need to re-read this as it currently makes no sense in my head. This is the last issue of the first book/ chapter. It really is as crazy as it sounds. Yet it works so well. There is a special oversized issue out in May.
S.H.I.E.L.D. #6 S.H.I.E.L.D. #6 Reviewed by Matt on 04:57:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.