Doom Patrol #19

Apparently I picked a bad jumping on point. I crossed over from Secret Six which I only just started reading also. I don't have a clue who any of these characters are, pretty much. Then I find out that it gets cancelled with the next issue. Great.
Anyway as the second half of the Secret Six #30 story line, I am really starting to notice the similarities between the two groups. Kinda odd that they both have the humour/ cartoon character style member. Really reminds me of a toned down Morph from the Exiles run. Secret Six have Ragdoll and Doom Patrol have Ambush Bug.
My mate pointed out that there is a miss-credited speech bubble on page 6, were Deadshot enters the fray, he seems to be asking himself where he has been. Also told me that the beach house in it used to be a living street. I'm guessing that was from the Grant Morrison run as nobody else is mad enough to come up with that.
It felt a little bit too rushed being wrapped up story wise this issue. There was too much to fast and the reason to stop fighting each other was all to easily accepted. Although the volcano on the island was erupting so tbh I would have called it a day too.
Favorite panel, how do you fight a giant when you are also a giant? Get more gianterer! (not a hundred percent sure thats a real word)

Doom Patrol #19 Doom Patrol #19 Reviewed by Matt on 04:12:00 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. You really should read the Morrison stuff. It's absolutely insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds it from what Alan was telling me I really want to now. I want to hear more about the gay sentient street that is somehow now a beach house.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.